With the unrivalled performance that sets all Otus® lenses apart from the rest, the ZEISS Otus 1.4/55 is the absolute measure of perfection when it comes to standard lenses. Now you never need to settle for less again.
- Available in Canon and Nikon mounts
- Optimized for Full-Frame Camera Sensors
- f/1.4 - f/16 Aperture Range (only on Nikon Model)
Electronic Aperture on Canon
- ZEISS T* Anti-Reflective Lens Coating
- Floating Elements Design
- All-Metal Lens Housing
- Manual Focus, 20" Close Focus Distance
- 77mm Filter Thread
- Highly Visible Yellow Scale Markings
The Canon EF Mount 55mm f/1.4 Otus Distagon T* Lens from ZEISS is a standard focal length premium lens optimized for full-format DSLR camera sensors. A wide maximum aperture combined with ZEISS' renowned optical glass and T* lens coating allow the 55mm f/1.4 to transmit an impressive degree of detail and color rendition even in low light situations. A floating element design equips the lens for consistent image quality, minimal aberration and field distortion throughout the focus range.
Complementing the premium optics of the 55mm f/1.4 Otus lens is a metal lens housing as evidence of a build quality that matches the lens's imaging prowess. Additionally, an all-metal focusing mechanism with an extended rotation angle allows precise manual focusing from 20" to infinity. Borrowing from their cinema lenses, ZEISS labels the focus scale with highly-visible yellow markings. The rubberized focus ring improves tactile feedback and helps to enable exact focus placement.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture for shallow depth of field and low-light performance
- Engineered for optimal image quality using a DSLR with a full-frame sensor
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coated lens system enhances image contrast and clarity
- Floating element design with 12 elements in 10 groups
- All-metal internal focus mechanism with extended angle of rotation for precise focus placement
- Cinema lens style yellow scale markings on lens barrel enhance visibility