Uncompromising performance across the entire image field makes this full-frame lens unique and sets new standards among wide-angle focal lengths. Raise your photos to a totally new dimension by capturing even the tiniest details of your subject.
Like all focal lengths of the unique ZEISS Otus® family, the Otus 1.4/28 is in a class all of its own. A lens that incorporates the extensive know-how and all the experience of ZEISS.
- Available in Canon and Nikon mounts
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16 (only on Nikon Model)
Electronic Aperture on Canon
- Apochromatic, Distagon Optical Design
- 8 Anomalous Partial Dispersion Elements
- 2 Aspherical Elements
- Floating Elements System
- ZEISS T* Anti-Reflective Coating
- Internal Focus; Manual Focus Design
- All-Metal Barrel, Yellow Scale Markings
The wide-angle focal length pairs with the bright f/1.4 maximum aperture to suit working in broad variety of lighting conditions and is well-suited to a range of applications, including landscape, architecture, and interior photography. Accentuating the range of control, this manual focus lens is complemented by haptic design elements, including a 120° rotational focus throw, rubberized focus ring, and an all-metal lens barrel with high-visibility yellow scale markings.
- Prime wide-angle 28mm f/1.4 lens is designed for full-frame format Canon EF DSLRs, and can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 44.8mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture is well-suited to photographing in difficult lighting conditions and also affords greater control over focus placement when using selective focus techniques.
- Two aspherical elements help to suppress spherical aberrations for greater clarity and consistent illumination and sharpness from edge to edge, regardless of the aperture setting in use.
- An apochromatic design makes use of eight anomalous partial dispersion glass elements to nearly eliminate chromatic aberrations in order to reduce color fringing and color artifacts in front of and behind the plane of focus.
- Employing a Distagon optical concept, this lens delivers virtually distortion-free performance that pairs well with the broad angle of view.
- A floating element design places variable air gaps between select lens groups to realize consistent performance throughout the focusing range, from 11.8' to infinity.
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coatings have been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections in order to provide greater image clarity, contrast, and color fidelity.
- Manual focus design is accentuated by a rubberized focusing ring, 120° focus ring rotational angle, an inset dial window, and bright, high-visibility yellow depth of field and distance scale markings.
- An internal focusing mechanism maintains the overall lens length and, benefitting the use of circular polarizers and graduated neutral density filters, the front filter thread does not rotate during use.
- The sophisticated optical system is housed within an all-metal lens barrel, which is built with the narrowest of design tolerances for refined precision and durability.