Take your handheld or gimbal work to the next level! This lightweight lens is perfect for the shooter on the go!
THE LENS IS BUILT TO TAKE A BEATING
The heart of the GDU 40mm is a Canon 28mm F2.8 optical block stripped eown to its core and then built back up with an armored precision machined military spec 7075 Aluminum housing.
The manual focus ring has been completely removed for strength and to avoid accidental focus adjustments and all movement is regulated to its internal STM motors for remote focus and iris control.
An electronic Stainless Steel Canon EF mount finished off the rear and out front the GDU 40mm includes a 37mm protective UV filter inset within a 46mm non-threaded protective ridge.
- Super 35mm / APS-C coverage in a strong, lightweight and slim design. Perfect for RED cameras with a Canon Mount, Canon video cameras or a Canon 7D and other Canon APS-C cameras, Black Magic or Sony cameras with a Canon EF adapter that controls focus and iris.
- Not for use on Full Frame Canon 5D
- Aspheric lens element helps you achieve a high level of image quality from the center to the periphery
- Optimized lens arrangement and coating helps minimize ghosting and flare
- 7 Iris blades deliver beautiful, soft backgrounds
- Minimum focusing distance of 0.5 ft./0.16 m; maximum magnification of x0.27
- Total Weight including 37mm filter is 0.4 lbs
- CANON EF MOUNT ONLY
*This is an electronic only lens. Your camera MUST be able to drive the motors electronically for both FOCUS and IRIS adjustments. This includes most Canon cameras, RED cameras with DSMC Canon mounts, and various other cameras with electronic EF Mounts.