The DSMC2™ V-Lock I/O Expander offers a variety of Input/Output connections, as well as an industry standard V-Lock mount to power your DSMC2 camera using RED BRICK® batteries. Constructed from lightweight and durable magnesium, this expander module mounts directly to the rear of the camera BRAIN® and offers connections for the following:
• DC Power input (DC IN)
• HDMI 1.2 output (Type A socket)
• 3G-SDI output (HD-SDI, 75 Ω BNC)
• CTRL & SYNC ports (2x 00B LEMO 4-Pin, Timecode and Genlock support)
• AUX Power output (P-Tap 2-Pin female)
• USB Power output (Type A, 5 V at 1.5 A for powering HDMI transmitters or small mobile devices)
• Stereo Headphone output (3.5 mm jack)
• Stereo Analog input (3.5 mm jack)
The DSMC2 V-Lock I/O Expander also features a selector switch that enables the BRAIN to automatically boot when power is provided via the DC IN connector on the expander. This feature allows you to use a connected DC input supply to turn the BRAIN on and off when the camera is mounted in remote or difficult to maneuver locations.
This expander is an ideal solution for a wide variety of production environments—from low-profile run-and-gun situations to studio shoots that require mobility.
NOTE: The DSMC2 Top Handle is NOT fully compatible with the DSMC2 Base I/O V-Lock Expander, as the top handle will interfere with the battery when one is attached to the expander module.